In order to maintain a strong sense of identity and belonging within our school, we require all pupils to wear our school uniform which consists of;
- Navy blue zip-up fleece with school logo (optional if children are wearing a jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt)
- Navy blue sweatshirt or cardigan with school logo
- Pale blue polo shirt (logo optional)
- Grey trousers – no jeans
- Grey skirt
- Grey pinafore
- Grey, black or white socks or tights – plain, no patterns
- Black, flat sensible, safe, shoes, heels to be no higher than 4cm inclusive of any platform
- Grey shorts
- Gingham dresses – blue
Where to buy Washacre school uniform
Our local supplier for uniform with the correct Washacre school logo is:
Rainbow School Wear, 50 Church St, Westhoughton, Bolton, Lancashire, BL5 3RS
Tel. 01942 816003
In addition to this, plain blue polo t-shirts, grey trousers, grey shorts, grey skirts, grey pinafores and blue summer dresses can be found in most well known supermarkets.
- White t-Shirt or polo shirt
- Plain navy shorts
- Navy jogging bottoms for outdoor games during milder weather.
- Trainers for outdoor games only – these may be worn during breaks and lunch.
- Black plimsolls for indoor PE – this is for health and safety reasons – outdoor trainers not permitted indoors.
- It is encouraged that pupils do not wear jewellery to school, especially as individuals become very upset if a treasured piece of jewellery goes missing.
- Should a pupil have pierced ears, plain studs should only be worn and in order to comply with health and safety regulations. During PE activities, these must be covered with a plaster or removed – children must be taught how to do this themselves.
Please note that the school will be unable to take any responsibility for any jewellery that is lost.
- Watches may be worn to school. However, they must be removed and collected by the class teacher before any PE lessons and kept in a container for safe storage.
Please note that the school will be unable to take any responsibility for any watches that are lost.
- We encourage hair to be neat and tidy, worn with no extremes of style or colour
- Children should not have spiked hairstyles or shaved lines
- Long hair should be tied back at all times, especially during Physical Education lessons for safety
- Hair bobbles and hair bands must be sensible and reflect the colours of the school uniform.
Please make sure your child has:
- School Book Bags to carry reading books and homework
- PE bag to carry PE equipment
- Some children will require a packed lunch bag also.
Please do not bring to school:
- Medicine. No medicine should ever be brought to school by a child ~ all medicines to be handed in via the office with relevant forms filled in