Keeping your children safe is our top priority.
Washacre Primary School gives the highest importance to the safeguarding and welfare of children. The Governors, Headteacher and Staff will carry out their responsibilities efficiently, effectively and diligently to ensure that Washacre is a safe learning environment for children.
Aims To create a learning environment for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. To put into place recruitment procedures which safeguard and promote the welfare of children. To make efficient arrangements for checks on new staff, volunteers and governors. To ensure that others who employ or supply staff have efficient arrangements for checks on staff. To verify the authenticity of the qualifications of staff. To check and verify the identity of staff, volunteers and governors.
1. All new staff, volunteers and governors will be checked with the Disclosure and Barring Service at an enhanced level.
2. All new staff, volunteers and governors will be checked with the lists maintained by the Department for Education for example List 99.
3. All new staff, volunteers and governors must confirm identity through official documents.
4. When employing supply teachers or teachers from abroad they must have been checked.
5. The school will record the date, timing or reference of checks in an orderly and accessible way on the school’s Single Central Record including:
– Note against the name of each staff member whether they are who they say they are. – Whether they have the qualifications that they say they do. – Whether they have a criminal record, and when these things were last checked and by whom. – Know that the Local Authority has carried out those checks and record the date, timing or reference of the check in an orderly and accessible way.
6. Once staff are in place school will keep records of declaration in accordance with the school’s safeguarding policies requirements.
7. At least one person on any interview panel will have completed safer recruitment training.
8. Bolton Safeguarding Children Board procedures and the Working Together 2015 guidelines will be referred to in connection with all safeguarding policies.
This policy statement puts into place all of the recommendations of ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (2016
Please click the links below to view our safeguarding policies.