Breakfast clubs provide an excellent start to the school day. They aim to:
- Provide a healthy nutritious start to the day;
- Help children to be alert and ready to learn;
- Encourage children to mix with their friends;
- Improve attendance and performance throughout the day;
- Reassure parents that their child is safe when dropped off in the morning.At Washacre, we strive to provide a friendly environment in which to prepare your child physically and mentally for the day ahead. Parents- enjoy peace of mind to continue your day, safe in the knowledge that your child will be provided with a healthy breakfast and be cared for until the school day begins.
Washacre Breakfast Club begins from 8.15am and runs daily during term time. It is run by Mrs Hatton and Mrs Field. It is currently 50p each morning and is open to children from Nursery to Year 6.
We do not currently require parents to pre-book their children’s places, therefore the club can be used on an adhoc basis.
While at our breakfast club your children are well cared for, warm and well fed. The following guidelines are for your information and help us to ensure the health and safety of your children.
- Children should enter the school hall where breakfast club is run via the hall door near to Year 1;
- Coats and bags etc. should be left tidily in the designated space of the room;
- Any dietary needs should be reported to the office in writing;
- Monies should be paid in advance or on the day;
- Breakfast will consist of fruit juice, milk or water, and toast;
- Older children will be expected to help set out the breakfast and help clear away;
- Quiet activities will be provided for the children after they have eaten;
- Children in Nursery, Reception and Year 1 will be accompanied to class once the club is finished. The other children will be escorted on to the playground at 8.45am where class teachers will be present outside;
- The school’s behaviour policy will apply.